Executive Business Support Grade at South African Revenue Service
Permanent Executive EE position
Pretoria / Head Office, Gauteng
Market Related salary
Job 2053723 | Ref 12243
Posted 30 Dec 2016 by South African Revenue Service
About the Position
Job: Executive Business Support
Reference Code: HO932
Erratum: If you applied previously you do not need to apply again
To formulate and position the value chain, operating model and framework for the Legal Counsel
Business Support function within a broadly defined organisational strategy, by developing, coordinating
and implementing integrated business planning and reporting strategies and provide a general business
support function within the division, in order to enable horizontal alignment, implementation and
Outputs and Accountabilities:
- Champion policy frameworks and objectives with internal partners to ensure integration between functions in pursuit of strategic goals.
- Contribute to the development of the functional operating model & alignment of the value chain to org. objectives in partnership with stakeholders.
- Determine strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats, interpret changing social & org. environments & identify new initiatives and or systems.
- Direct, control, coordinate & optimise resources to meet established objectives & deliver agreed results across functional areas.
- Influence & communicate across all levels of the business to minimise resistance & ensure on-boarding of new thinking in own area.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, develop and model alternative solutions as well as contingency plans to resolve value chain conflicts.
- Provide authoritative advice and guidance that supports the realisation of major divisional objectives in line with the SARS mandate.
- Scan external environment, identify benchmarks and influence alternative operating plans or model to deliver on the SARS objectives and mandate.
- Set priorities to shape and structure the function by providing a framework for the achievement of longer term objectives.
- Use insights & knowledge gained from high level reports to conduct abstract, conceptual & comparative analysis to define functional strategy.
- Translate and communicate a meaningful strategic context that articulates functional purpose in relation to the organisational vision, purpose and philosophy.
- Create the context to continuously improve all functions and systems in line with national, regional and organisational changes.
- Provide periodic reports on performance against plan & progress on medium-term initiatives & use to realign operating plan and objectives appropriately.
- Be responsive to change in order to influence and effectively manage associated functional acceptance.
- Develop, implement and track divisional Business Plans.
- Provide direction and ensure compliance with regards to statutory as well as other mandatory reports for the Legal Counsel division.
- Accountable for the development of the Divisional 5-year Strategic Plan by working collaboratively with relevant stakeholders within Legal Counsel (LC).
- Own the integration of results with operational and strategic planning through learning, adapting, and reporting performance for Legal Counsel.
- Design and develop a LC Divisional Annual Business Plan, aligned with the Strategic Plan, annual budget, risk management & relevant processes.
- Support and contribute to the review and development of the SARS 5-year Strategic Plan for Legal Counsel.
- Accountable for a framework for Legal Counsel divisional performance measures, supporting tracking and reporting methodology.
- Own the end-to-end function of knowledge management for the Legal Counsel division.
- Accountable for providing leadership for best practice implementation and maintenance of the Legal Counsel division's business planning initiatives.
- Provide leadership in identifying new strategic initiatives of potential value to the LC Division & oversee related research and analysis activities.
- Provide a framework to ensure monitoring guidelines and standards are met within the Legal Counsel division.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- ensure that the delivery infrastructure is effective and efficient
- provide forward thinking on development of new services and products, to meet current and emerging needs
- troubleshoot and delegate effectively
- proactively identify interconnected problems, develop and model alternative solutions as well as contingency plans to resolve value chain conflicts
- scan external environment, identify benchmarks and influence alternative operating plans
- managing customer requirements and expectations
- executive support experience
- high-level understanding of business
- planning, organising and controlling businesses
About The Employer
- Develop new business approach to keep track of the challenges, issues and impact raised through monitoring reports from within the LC division.
- Create a framework for the development of templates, tools and standards for use by planning staff throughout the Legal Counsel division.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory changes and drive the alignment of governance, risk and compliance frameworks.
- Ensure the consolidation of the risk profile for the area of accountability, manage critical risks and ensure feedback integration. .
- Develop clear human capability and accountability frameworks within own area in support of people management strategies.
- Create a positive work climate & culture to energise employees & give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
- Provide leadership and direction by translating, articulating and reinforcing the vision or direction for the function.
- Communicate strategic context that guide best practice, foster an environment of continuous learning and improved employee engagement levels. .
- Ensure that the own area's strategy is adequately budgeted for through the development and implementation of a requisite budget.
- Implement effective financial control, management of costs and corporate governance in area of accountability. .
- Define and influence relationships and service level agreements made with internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders to ensure integrated approaches in pursuit of collective goals.
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
NQF Level 8 -Honours Degrees: B.Comm (Hons) Mgt: Business Admin AND 12-15 years' executive support experience, of which 4-6 years at senior management level
Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Accurate Understanding
- Building Sustainability
- Championing the Mandate
- Conceptual Thinking
- Developing Others
- Driving for Excellence
- Influencing Others
- Leveraging Diversity
- Mobilising Teams
- Organisational Awareness
- Responsibility for Societal Impact
Technical Competencies Required:
- Business Acumen
- Corporate Legal Services Management
- Corporate Legal Services Management
- Effective Business Communication
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Legal Advisory and Interpretation
- Legal Compliance
- Legal Knowledge and knowledge of ethics
- Managerial Budgeting
- Planning, Management and Measurement
- Research, Evaluate, Follow Through
- Strategic Planning and Reporting
- Tax Knowledge
Compliance Competency: GOC Secret
Employment Type: Permanent Job
Division: Legal Counsel
Office: Head Office
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process.Targeted groups are African males, African females and Persons with Disabilities
It is the applicants responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated and verified by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and proof thereof must be attached. Successful candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks including pre-employment screening, vetting and integrity assurance testing and will be further required to declare their private interests on an annual basis. Appointment is subject to a positive outcome of the relevant checks.
Putting our people first is an integral part of SARS business strategy. In support of this and our ongoing evolution towards becoming the best employee-centric employer in South Africa, our Human Resources strategy aims to create a high performing environment for our people by role modelling and embedding the right behaviours and values.
This job may be removed before it expires.
Get jobs via email
Receive a daily digest of all new jobs matching this job. Your information is safe with us and you can cancel at any time